We are passionate about our community, and through our programming, we highlight the culture, lifestyle, activities and attractions that make Southwest Colorado such an incredible place to live, work and play.
Durango TV (DTV) is Durango’s original local television station serving the La Plata County area through cable television systems in the greater Durango area, Bayfield and Ignacio; the Southwest Colorado Translator Association; the Internet and mobile devices. We have produced videos and local advertising about the community since 1983.
DTV is produced by FASTFORWARD Media, a Durango-based video production company with a mission to produce highly entertaining, informative, and creative content that highlights the unique historical, cultural and topographic features of the Four Corners Region as a representation of the old west and our American Heritage.
MEET THE TEAM
- Ashley Dickson
- Contribution: Anchor for Inside Durango News; host for special events. Debut October 2013.
- Characteristics: Smart, talented, great interviewer, listens well, and reads the news with style and humor.
- Other Talents: Former voice and program director for 92.9 The Point.
Behind the Camera
- Zachary Wyman
- Contribution: Editor of Durango TV News; debut November 2015.
- Characteristics: Focused and tenacious.
- Other Talents: Constantly gathers inspiration from commercials, trailers and random videos on YouTube. Avid reader and collector of vinyl records.
- Contribution: Content creative and mastermind behind Audiophoria, Food 4 Thought, Inside Durango News, Open 4 Business and dozens of local video productions.
- Characteristics: Keen, quick, creative, the glue behind the Inside Durango TV team
- Other Talents: Gregarious, thoughtful, hip to new trends and ideas.
- Deborah Uroda
- Contribution: News director, reporter for Inside Durango News, Open 4 Business; marketing genius; idea person.
- Characteristics: Sassy, creative, can talk to a brick wall. Award-winning journalist. Well connected, loves a good party and good champagne, and makes wonderful tamales
- Other Talents: Board member for Durango Friends of the Arts; long-time supporter of the Women’s Resource Center and Fort Lewis College, among others. Can make Christmas dinner in a dutch oven on the back porch; loves to ski, hike, fish, and find good stories for Inside Durango TV.
- Laurie Sigillito
- Contribution: Owner, Visionary and Business Strategist
- Characteristics: Smart, determined, quick to find the next best idea.
- Other Talents: Owns FASTSIGNS and serves on several local board
- Scott Siegle
- Contribution: Sales Executive, Marketing Consultant
- Characteristics: Creative thinker, listens well and very determined.
- Other Talents: People person that is very positive and thoughtful.
DTV Programs are produced to entertain and educate residents, potential residents and guests of our community. All programming is either produced by FASTFORWARD Media, by other local video production companies or individuals from the area.
Durango TV News:
- 30-Minute News Show – Dedicated to expressing our town, our neighbors, the people, our businesses, the lifestyle and our love for adventure.
- Produced Weekly - In-studio and On-Location
- Segments: Top Headline Stories, Chef’s Secrets, Furry Friends, Find the Fun, Durango Spills It, Lakes, Rivers and Ridges, It’s Your Health,
- Hosted by: Ashley Dickson
- News Producer: Deborah Uroda
- Production Company: FASTFORWARD Media
- Distribution: Durango TV Station Charter Cable Channel 15 - 9 times daily and in ABQ DMA on Cable Channel 16 and Satellite Channels 33 Thursdays at 9:00 PM and Sundays at 8:30 AM
Out West Durango: A historical re-enactment of life in the Old West.
Go Play Outside: Season outdoor experiences.
Food For Thought: A 30-minute monthly in-depth review of restaurants in Southwest Colorado.
Southwest Colorado Home Showcase: a 30-minute monthly show highlighting 5-10 homes for sale in Southwest Colorado, along with home purchasing and mortgage tips.
Audiophoria: a 30-minute monthly show focused on a local musician or band, includes live music and a music video of one of their most popular songs.
Events and What Not: Special programming to support the wealth of events and festivities in and around the community: Snowdown, Durango Independent Film Festival, Music in the Mountains, Iron Horse Bicycle Race, etc.